NEPTune™ Stable Isotope Peptides for Quantitative Proteomics - Heavy Peptides
NEPTune™ - Make your assay sing!
To date, quantitative protein analysis has mostly relied on antibody-based (e.g. ELISA) methods. Recent advances in the sensitivity and reliability of LC-MS instrumentation are making mass spectrometry-based methods competitive for doing quantitative protein analysis. Additionally, LC-MS methods can be multiplexed so that hundreds to thousands of proteins can be quantified in a single assay, which is a huge advance for both discovery of biomarkers as well as clinical diagnostic assays. The gold standard for MS-based quantitative methods is to use a mass-shifted, stable-isotope-labeled peptide calibrator spiked into the sample of interest, which then allows quantification from a simple ratio of the labeled peak height to the unlabeled. This stable isotope dilution (SID) method is the basis for all selective reaction monitoring (SRM) and multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) method.
New England Peptide is pleased to offer Neptune™, the industry's first complete suite of peptide and antibody SIS products and services. A world leader in isotope labeled peptides since 2001, NEP has the experience, knowledge, products, and services to be your one-stop shop all peptide based quantitative proteomics needs.
TrypRaws™ Stable Isotope Labeled Amino Acids and Resins
- Isotopically labeled resins - Arg (+10) and Lys (+8) loaded resins for peptide synthesis
- Isotopically labeled amino acids for peptide synthesis
- SISCAPA Assay Technologies tryptic Stable Isotope Standards for SISCAPA workflows.
TrypTides™ Custom Heavy Peptide Synthesis
- All NEPTune™ isotope labeled peptides are optimized for the best mass spectrometry performance
- All standard heavy peptides with >99% Isotopic Purity
- Individual peptides with purities including crude, >75%, >85%, >90%, >95% and >98%
- In-house Amino Acid Analysis for accurate quantitation
- 1nmol, 10nmol, 1mg, 5mg, to gram quantities
- Customized aliquotting and kitting - choose your size and quantity!
- 96 peptide array format available
- See chart below for some of our available heavy amino acids:
Three Letter Code
Single Letter Code
Molecular formula of 13C/15N universally-labeled free amino acid
Molecular formula of 13C/15N universally-labeled amino acid residues
Mass shift relative to unlabeled
TrypKits™ MS-MRM Kit Manufacturing
- Kit Design Consultation
- Peptide Synthesis Production
- Anti peptide antibody production
- Peptide Quantitation
- Analyte Pooling
- Aliquoting and Labeling
- Peptide pooling and mixtures
- Kit Packaging Design
- View more detail here
TrypBodies™-Antibodies for Immuno-MRM (iMRM)
- custom poly and monoclonal antibodies for iMRM
- Specialized protocols to maximize MS performance
Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As always do not hesitate to call us at 888-343-5974.
Just a Few of the Many References for New England Peptide NEPtune™ products:
Simplified and Efficient Quantification of Low-abundance Proteins at Very High Multiplex via Targeted Mass Spectrometry, Mol. Cell. Proteomics, Apr 2014; 13: 1137 - 1149, Michael W. Burgess, Hasmik Keshishian, D. R. Mani, Michael A. Gillette, and Steven A. Carr
A Novel ESX-1 Locus Reveals that Surface-Associated ESX-1 Substrates Mediate Virulence in Mycobacterium marinum, George M. Kennedy, Gwendolyn C. Hooley, Matthew M. Champion, Felix Mba Medie, and Patricia A. DiGiuseppe Champion, J. Bacteriol., May 2014; 196: 1877 - 1888.
A Targeted Proteomics Approach for Profiling Murine Cytochrome P450 Expression, Elisabeth M. Hersman and Namandjé N. Bumpus, J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther., Apr 2014; 349: 221 - 228.
Quantification of Tau in Cerebrospinal Fluid by Immunoaffinity Enrichment and Tandem Mass Spectrometry, Thomas McAvoy, Michael E. Lassman, Daniel S. Spellman, Zhenlian Ke, Bonnie J. Howell, Oitak Wong, Lan Zhu, Michael Tanen, Arie Struyk, and Omar F. Laterza, Clin. Chem., Apr 2014; 60: 683 - 689.