New Global Network Seeks Collaborative Solutions to Unmet Needs in Drug Discovery, Personalized Medicine.
Gardner, MA – New England Peptide has joined with other global leaders in the proteomics field to create Proteomics Innovation Network, an association of proteomics product and service providers designed to generate collaborative “sample to discovery” solutions across the proteomics spectrum.
“New England Peptide is pleased to be part of this new global network,” said NEP CEO Dave Robinson. “Since proteomics is growing and evolving at such a rapid pace, it is critical for leaders in the field to come together to address the greatest challenges and opportunities in proteomics. We are optimistic that this collaboration will fast-track breakthroughs in drug discovery, personalized medicine and more.”
Each of the 13 Network members has complementary expertise, core technologies, and infrastructure to address critical unmet needs in biomarker and drug target discovery, personalized medicine, drug profiling, and selective reaction monitoring. In addition to NEP, the Network includes:
- ProFACT Proteomics – Functional Proteomics Profiling and Prospecting
- Norton Scientific – Making Light Work of Your Sizing Needs...
- Eprogen – Mapping New Dimensions in Proteomics™
- Neolomed Biosciences LLC - Biomarker and Clinical/pre-clinical services for Oncology
- Focus Proteomics – 2D Electrophoresis Consulting & Contract Services
- Ontario Cancer Biomarker Network – MS Selective Reaction Monitoring
- Innova Proteomics – CRO protein analyses and identification by mass spectrometry
- Dualsystems Biotech – Your partner for customized screening solutions
- New Liberty Proteomics – Unprecedented Drug Discovery and Evaluation Services
- Horluce BioConsulting - Consultancy focusing on Infectious Diseases and Proteomics
- Australian Proteome Analysis Facility - CRO protein discovery and quantitation
- Covaris Inc. - Advanced sample preparation systems for life and analytical sciences
About New England Peptide - NEP
NEP, founded in 1998, designs and produces custom peptides and polyclonal antibodies for drug and vaccine discovery organizations worldwide. Headquartered in the Boston metro area in Gardner, Mass., the company’s chemists and immunological experts specialize in delivering a full range of services for biotech and pharmaceutical applications.
Peptides are small proteins that play key roles in biochemical regulation of all life systems, helping to fight diseases as diverse as cancer, diabetes, obesity and HIV/AIDS. Peptides’ inherent low toxicity and high potency, coupled with improved drug delivery methods and enhanced manufacturing capabilities, are fueling a surge in research and clinical use.